Location: Cheadle Place
Category: A/C -R22 Replacement
Project Value: £215,000
The air conditioning heat pump plant and services serving the tenanted areas of the building were served by a number of Daikin VRV (Variable Refrigerant Volume) R22 units, located upon the main roof area. These systems served as the primary means of comfort cooling to the tenants’ demise throughout the building.
It was identified during a condition based survey of the M&E building services that the air conditioning heat pump plant had exceeded its economical life expectancy, having been installed in the late 1990’s. It was also noted that the increased controls to the use of R22 refrigerant gas used within this plant and potential maintenance challenges called for its replacement.
Given our extensive knowledge of this market, EPT were approached to design and tender for a suitable air conditioning heat pump system to provide adequate cooling for all tenanted areas of the building. Including the strip out, removal and disposal of the existing systems and substances in accordance with waste transfer regulations. Also the supply and installation of suitable user controls system which could interface with the core heating & ventilation services
Supply install and commission Daikin VRVQ Heat Pump replacement system, comprising 12No. VRV Condensing Units, with 54No. Ducted fan coil units, as well as 1No. Wall Mounted Fan Coil, 1No. Cassette Fan Coil and Seasonal Smart Condensing Units and associated Controllers.
· Improved energy efficiency, with a projected annual running cost saving of £18,521 (41.73%)
· Annual CO2 Emission reduced by 87.05 t/CO2/y
· All works completed out of hours to minimize disruption
· Complex installation completed by highly qualified and experienced engineers
· Creating the optimum environment for staff and guests, with intelligent, simple controls
· Discreet concealed ceiling units with silent operation
· Discounted equipment costs, due to our status as a D1 registered installer with Daikin
· 5 Year Warranty with maintenance contract , as a D1 Daikin partner